One person was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation after an apartment unit caught fire shortly before midnight last night.
Fire Chief Trent Bossence said firefighters were called at 11:30 p.m. on August 4 to a small apartment unit at 1454 Nalabila Boulevard and found a lower level unit fully engulfed in flames, which had spread to the unit directly upstairs.
“We managed to keep it just to those two units,” he said, noting there will likely be some smoke damage and smell to adjacent units but doesn’t expect any contents were lost.
Ten firefighters with two engines and the ladder truck attended to the fire.
The investigation has not yet begun in earnest so it was too early to speculate on a cause.