One man is in police custody after an early morning drive-by shooting at a residential home on Walsh ave Oct. 15.
In a press release Terrace RCMP said around 2:15 a.m., the detachment received a report of shots fired on the 4700 block of Walsh Ave.. Police discovered a home, and a house next to it, had been shot at numerous times. No one was injured during the incident.
The Terrace RCMP General Investigations Unit and General Duty officers attended the area to investigate. A short time later, police discovered the suspect was in a motel on Hwy 16 West. Police were able to negotiate a peaceful surrender and one man was taken into custody, where he currently remains.
The shooting is believed to be targeted and the public is not thought to be at risk. The investigation is ongoing.
Police are asking anyone with video shot in the area to please call the Terrace detachment.
Terrace Mayor Carol Leclerc has spoken with police and said she is confident with their assessment for public safety.
“I think the most important message is that it was an isolated incident,” she said. “The police are engaged in their investigation and they have someone in custody.
“I’m feeling very confident the police know what’s going on.”
On Sept. 25, also on the 4700 block of Walsh Ave., police responded to a report of a disturbance involving unruly guests. Officers were advised a firearm could be present and treated the situation with extreme caution. Although no firearm was located in the home, neighbourhood residents took to social media concerned of an armed standoff. Police deny that rumor.
Due to the active investigation police cannot confirm if the two incidents occurred at the same address.
If you have information about this crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS.